Be sure to visit http://www.wearethatfamily.com/ to join in the fun!
I found these 10 Quick Tips for a Shiny Bathroom on Tipnut
1. Apply a thin layer of lemon oil to shower doors. This helps keep soap scum from building up by making the soapy water bead up on the glass and slide on down the drain. Pour 2 tsp of lemon oil on a clean cloth then wipe the doors. Do this every other week for best results. You can also try rubbing baby oil or shaving cream on your clean shower doors to keep them shiny and fog free. Shaving cream can also be used to remove built up soap scum on shower doors, walls and fixtures.
2. After each shower spray shower walls with cleaner to keep soap scum and grime from building up, really saves on cleaning time and keeps your shower shiny .
3. Remove rings inside the toilet bowl by applying a paste of borax and lemon juice to the stain (first flush toilet to make the surface wet). Allow to set for 2 hours then scrub. For a toilet ring preventative measure, try pouring about 2 cups of vinegar in the toilet bowl and allow to sit for a few hours before flushing (do a quick brushing before flushing). Do this every 2 or 3 weeks.
4. Bring a sparkle back to those shower curtains by laundering them with a bath towel. Add 1 cup vinegar during the rinse cycle. You could also wash them by hand using a household sponge soaked in vinegar (will help remove mildew and soap scum).
5. Remove nasty hard water buildup around tap fixtures using paper towels soaked in vinegar. Wrap them around the base of the taps for several hours to break down the crud, then wash clean.
6. Remove hairspray and splatter buildup on mirrors by buffing with a lint-free cloth and a bit of rubbing alcohol. Two earth friendly homemade cleaners for glass and mirrors: one cup cold strong black tea with 3 TBS of vinegar; or one part vinegar added to four parts water.
7. No need for harsh cleaners to loosen up gobs of dried toothpaste and heavy grime in the sink, try this homemade cleaner that’s gentle on porcelain and brings back a shine- Homemade softscrub cleaner
8. Use your favorite liquid dish detergent to brighten grout between tiles, just drizzle on a sponge or wet cloth and scrub. You can also use toothpaste.
9. Bathrooms have lots of little nooks and crannies that hide germs and hold grime, use old toothbrushes to get right in there and gently scrub caulking, around faucets, vanity design features, shower tracks, baseboards, etc.
10. Things get pretty humid in the bathroom making it a perfect environment for mildew. Keep it at bay by spraying walls and ceilings with a 50/50 solution of 3% hydrogen peroxide and water, leave on (it will dry itself) and do this a couple times a year. Careful not to get this solution in your eyes when spraying. You can also use this to scrub away any mildew spots (or try a straight dose of hydrogen peroxide for tough spots).
I know these tips sure will help me get my bathroom sparkling, I hope they do the same for you!! Check back tomorrow for tips to clean THE BEDROOM.